Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Hey Again!

OK, sorry it's been a while, but we're keeping busy here.

Thanks for the comments Karen and Mosey; it's good to know that someone is reading this stuff!!!

So, I know that I said that it was hot before, but that was nothing. We've started to hit 40 in the shade, and let me tell you, it's brutal! I had to use the 'portaloo' AKA 'blue rocket' today, and for the first time I know how the colonel in "Bridge on the River Kwai" felt when he was locked in the oven ;)

That said, my mom managed to send her extra camera (it's pretty sweet, because it's really small and light and fits well in my shirt pocket) so I'm going to try to see if I can post some photos on the weekend when I get a couple of moments.

Apart from that, the bad dudes have tried to land a few 'thumpers' into the camp, but as my Aussie co-worker says: "no worries mate!" Of course, one worries that they will get it right one of these times, but, well, enough said.

Well, I'm going to post this up, and on the weekend I will try to get a couple of pics up.

Take care all,

K

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Old Man! We are all thinking of you here and hope you are doing well. Keep us updated and we would love to see some pics of where you are and where you are living.
C,S,S & M A.

May 13, 2008 12:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well Laddie it's good to hear from you. I'm gluded to the T.V and p.c trying to get the news from there.Try to keep cool as always. Looking forward to some pictures.God bless.

Gnr O

UBIQUE

May 13, 2008 8:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi K! We're were reading your interesting blog comments and understand that the weather there is pretty warm! The weather here is prtty inclement. Hope this message finds you safe and in good health. Look forward to viewing your pics on the weekend. Will be in touch soon.

GL & Burce

May 14, 2008 11:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, please post some pics.
I need to see your face...it'll be reassuring.
What kind of food are you eating over there?

You are in our thoughts and prayers.
K + L

May 17, 2008 12:20 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home